Here are some recommended readings:
- Noah Smith on the relationship between Airbnb and rental prices. I don’t usually agree with Noah Smith, but he usually challenges free-market views (not in this case), which I find stimulating.
- Diego Zuluaga on the diversifying properties of cryptoassets.
- Noah Smith (again) on Econ critics.
- I’m currently reading Deirdre McCloskey’s “Bourgeois Dignity: Why Economics Can’t Explain the Modern World”. So far so good.
- This article makes some fair points about the role of finance in today’s society. Yet the author confuses two different concepts: fractional reserve banking (banks are not obliged to back all their deposits with cash reserves) and maturity mismatching (maturity of assets being longer than that of liabilities).